GENERAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
Item 1 : General terms and conditions
1-1 The purpose of these general conditions is to define the terms and conditions under which the Company M MADIGAL allows its customers (hereinafter “the Customer(s)”) to benefit from all the Hotel’s services, particularly reservations, available
- On site www.hotel-madrigal.com.
- By telephone from the number 0147347047.
- On site at the Hotel reception desk.
- Through the agencies selected by the M MADRIGAL Company.
- Through our partners.
1-2 The Customer declares that he/she has obtained from M MADRIGAL all the information necessary to make his/her choice and proceed with the reservation. 1-3 Any reservation made through the website www.hotel-madrigal.com implies the full and unconditional acceptance of the present general terms and conditions as well as the sales conditions of the reserved fare expressly mentioned in the description of the fare selected at the time of the reservation. The Client must confirm by checking the box that he/she has read and accepted these general conditions and the sales conditions of the reserved fare before definitively validating his/her reservation; no reservation is possible without this agreement.
For all other reservation methods, the Customer receives the general sales conditions with the confirmation of his reservation on paper or by e-mail. The confirmation of the reservation implies the adherence to the present sales conditions and the complete and unreserved acceptance of their provisions. The Customer is informed that the Hotel enters into partnership agreements with third-party travel service providers in order to enable the Customer to search for, select and book rooms in the Hotel using the services offered by these partners on their websites. Any reservation of hotel rooms made under these conditions implies the Customer’s full and unreserved consultation and acceptance of the service provider’s special conditions, the conditions of sale of the reserved rate and these general conditions of sale. The Customer declares that he/she has obtained from the Hotel all the necessary information available on the website. 1-4 The Customer may save and edit these general terms and conditions using the standard features of his/her browser or computer. 1-5 The following information is available on the Website:
- The legal notices allowing a precise identification of the Company M MADRIGAL and indicating its corporate name, its registered office, its individual identification number for value added tax,
- the e-mail address and telephone number of the company M MADRIGAL,
- the essential characteristics of the accommodation offered by M MADRIGAL,
- the essential characteristics of the additional and optional services offered,
- the prices including all taxes,
- the conditions of sale of the reserved rate,
- the terms of payment,
- the present general sales conditions,
- the period of validity of the offers and their price.
1-6 The Customer, prior to the reservation, declares that this reservation is made for his/her personal needs. The Customer, as a consumer, has specific rights, which would be called into question if the Services booked were not for personal use. 1-7 The Customer declares that he/she has full legal capacity to enter into the present terms and conditions. Any reservation made by a minor (under 18 years of age) is prohibited. The Hotel accepts no responsibility in such cases. The safety standards concerning the capacity of reception take into account any person, minor or major. Minors are under the full responsibility of the adults accompanying them. The stay of children from 0 to 3 years is free. A baby bed is available free of charge in the parent’s room (subject to availability) upon request at the time of booking. Only one baby bed per room is allowed.
Item 2 : Definitions
For the remainder of this document, the terms below shall have the following meaning:
- “Reservation Summary”: a dematerialized document that summarizes the characteristics of the Services selected by the Customer on the www.hotel-madrigal.com website. This document precedes the Customer’s acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale and the Customer’s entry of his/her banking information in the context of a prepayment or guarantee.
- Reservation Confirmation”: a dematerialized document sent to the Customer to notify him/her that his/her reservation has been taken into account, which summarizes the characteristics of the Services reserved by the Customer on the website www.hotel-madrigal.com.
- “Customer”: a natural person acting exclusively for his or her own personal needs.
- “Terms of sale of the reserved rate”: Price applied to the date selected by the Customer for a category of room with or without the breakfast option, associated with its terms of payment, its terms of change of reservation dates or reserved Services and its cancellation terms.
- “Reservation Request” means a request by Customer to reserve rooms, products and Services at the Hotel.
- “Hotel”: means the hotel operated by the Company M MADRIGAL
- “Partners”: means any Service provider that has entered into a service contract or partnership agreement with M MADRIGAL.
- “Service” : reservation of rooms, products and services in the Hotel by the Customer.
- “Website”: means the www.hotel-madrigal.com website.
Item 3 : Object
- These general terms and conditions define the rights and obligations of the Customer and M MADRIGAL for all types of reservations (including remote reservations) of Services offered by M MADRIGAL.
- They govern all the steps necessary for the reservation and the follow-up of the reservation between the contracting parties.
- The Customer acknowledges that he/she has read and accepted these general terms and conditions of sale and the terms and conditions of sale of the reserved fare.
Item 4 : Modifications
M MADRIGAL reserves the right to modify or supplement at any time all or part of these general terms and conditions of sale. In this case, the new version of the general terms and conditions shall be available on the Website with its effective date. The Customer is advised to regularly consult the general terms and conditions of sale to take note of any possible modification. In any case, the Customer shall only be bound by the version of the general terms and conditions in force at the time the Customer makes the reservation for the Service. M MADRIGAL shall not be liable for any damages of any kind that may result from such changes and/or temporary unavailability or permanent closure of all or part of the Website or the Services associated therewith, such as the online booking space.
Item 5 : Reservation
- The Customer chooses Services from among those offered by the Hotel according to his/her needs.
- The Customer acknowledges that he/she has taken cognizance of the nature, price, destination and reservation terms and conditions of the Services available and that he/she has requested and obtained the necessary and/or additional information, in particular the Terms and Conditions of Sale for the rate reserved, in order to make his/her reservation with full knowledge of the facts.
- The Customer may book, on an individual basis, a maximum of 4 rooms per reservation on the Site. For any reservation within the framework of a professional activity or for a reservation of a higher number of rooms, group conditions may be applied, implying in return the payment of a deposit by the Customer and the application of particular conditions of cancellation and modification. Please contact the Hotel for information in this regard.
- The Customer is solely responsible for his choice of Services and their suitability for his needs, so that M MADRIGAL cannot be held liable in this respect.
- The reservation is deemed accepted by the Customer at the end of the reservation process.
- All reservations are nominative and may not be transferred to a third party, whether free of charge or for a fee. Any reservation made for another person must be made in the name of the third party holding the holiday. M MADRIGAL shall not be held liable for any failure to do so.
Item 6 : Reservation process
- The reservation made by the Customer is made directly online on the Website or by phone.
- The reservation request is confirmed upon receipt by the Customer of the Reservation Confirmation sent by the Hotel.
- Prior to making a reservation, the Customer undertakes to complete the mandatory information requested when creating the reservation file.
- The Customer certifies that the information provided is true and accurate.
- The reservation procedure includes the following steps:
- Step 1 – Choice of room and conditions of sale of the reserved rate,
- Step 2 – Selection, if necessary, of one or more additional services offered,
- Step 3 – Presentation of the summary of the reservation, its total price, the Conditions of sale of the reserved rate which includes in particular the payment conditions and the Conditions of cancellation, modifications if necessary of the choices of services (date, room, rate, additional service), and information concerning the tourist tax,
- Step 4 – Communication of his contact information by the Customer,
- Step 5 – General Sales Conditions: On the Site, the Customer confirms, by checking the box, that he/she has read and accepted the present General Conditions and the Conditions of Sale of the reserved rate before definitively validating his/her reservation; no reservation is possible without this agreement. For all other reservation methods, the Customer receives the general sales conditions with the confirmation of his reservation on paper or by e-mail. The confirmation of the reservation implies the adherence to the present terms and conditions of sale and the complete and unreserved acceptance of their provisions.
- Step 6 – Communication of credit card numbers in the case of prepayment or guarantee,
- Step 7 – Confirmation and validation of the reservation and payment by the Customer. Entering the credit card information constitutes the Customer’s acceptance of the reservation and has the effect of contractually binding the Customer to the Hotel.
- Step 8 – Receipt by the Customer of the reservation confirmation e-mail. This e-mail summarizes the date of the reservation, the Services booked, the prices including VAT with details of the applicable taxes, the terms and conditions of sale of the rate booked (including the cancellation conditions), accepted by the Customer, the general terms and conditions of sale as well as the address of the Hotel booked.
If the Customer does not receive the confirmation e-mail within 24 hours of the Reservation, it is the Customer’s responsibility to contact the Hotel in order to ensure that the information provided is correct and that the reservation has been taken into account.
Item 7 : Concellation or modificaiton by the Customer
- The Customer is reminded, in accordance with Article L. 221-28-12 of the French Consumer Code, that he/she does not have the right of withdrawal provided for in Article L. 221-18 of the French Consumer Code.
- The Terms and Conditions of Sale for the fare booked and accepted by the Customer specify the terms and conditions for cancelling and/or modifying the reservation.
If the Customer has made a reservation on the Hotel’s website or on the website of a third-party travel service provider with which the Hotel has entered into agreements, the reservation may only be cancelled or modified via the link in the confirmation email and in accordance with the Hotel’s terms and conditions of sale for the reserved rate or the terms and conditions of sale for the reserved rate of the third-party travel service provider. Reservations with prepayment are not subject to change and/or cancellation. The amounts paid in advance constitute a deposit and cannot be reimbursed. When the cancellation of a reservation is possible, a specific link “cancel my reservation” is indicated on the confirmation of reservation, allowing to cancel a reservation by informing the e-mail address provided at the time of the reservation and the reservation number indicated in the confirmation e-mail of the reservation. Some commercial offers present on the site include specific conditions on the cancellation and modification of the reservation, these are detailed in their Conditions of sale of the reserved rate appearing in the description of the offer at the time of the reservation. Except for special conditions, cancellation or modification of a reservation is only possible free of charge within a minimum of 48 hours before the arrival time specified in the reservation. For any cancellation occurring less than 48 hours before the arrival time, a one-night penalty will be automatically charged to the Client’s credit card indicated at the time of the reservation. In order to modify a reservation on the site, the reservation made must be cancelled under the above conditions and a new reservation must be made.
- If the Client has booked an offer with flexible cancellation conditions (BAR, RACK, PROMOBAR rates etc.):
- D-3 days before arrival: Cancellation/Modification without charge
- D-2 days until 12:00 Paris time: Cancellation/Modification fee: one night’s charge
- D-1 or No show at the hotel (considered as taking the room): Cancellation/change fee: one night’s fee.
These cancellation or no-show fees are non-refundable/exchangeable/changeable. If the Customer has booked a non-cancelable/non-refundable offer (NR, PROMONR, LONG rates etc.): The entire stay is charged at 100% at the time of booking. This amount is neither cancelable nor refundable and the dates of stay cannot be changed. The Hotel reserves the right to re-let the room without delay in the following cases:
- Cancellation by the Customer;
- Modification of the reservation by the Client;
- Non-presentation of the Customer
– Error by the Customer when making a reservation (dates, number of rooms, type of room).
- When the Conditions of Sale of the reserved rate allow it:
- the cancellation of a reservation made from the Site, can be made directly on the Site through the “Your reservations” section.
- The modification of the reservation can be made directly with the Hotel, whose telephone number is specified on the confirmation e-mail received by the Customer.
Item 8 : Cancellation by the Hotel
In the event of an exceptional event or the impossibility of making the reserved room available to the Customer, or in the event of force majeure as defined in Article 1218 of the French Civil Code, the Hotel may offer the Customer a room of an equivalent or higher standard than the one originally reserved, for services of the same nature. The Hotel shall bear any additional costs associated with such relocation for services of the same nature. The Customer may also cancel his or her reservation, in which case an immediate refund will be made.
Item 9 : Hotel stay
- All persons staying at the hotel must present a valid form of identification at check-in. If they fail to do so, the Hotel may refuse to rent them a room and/or cancel the reservation they have made without the possibility of a refund, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Sale of the rate reserved.
Foreign guests, including accompanying persons and adolescents over 15 years of age, must complete an “individual police form”. Children under 15 years of age may be listed on the card of an accompanying adult. The information contained in these forms is governed by the “Code de l’entrée et du séjour des étrangers et du droit d’asile, article R.611-42”. Access to rooms is guaranteed from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival. Clients who wish to benefit from a confirmed Early Check-in must reserve the room the night before their arrival and pay the full rate according to the reservation condition. The rooms made available to the Client are designated according to their maximum capacity. The Client may not rent a room for more people than the number of people specified in the reservation. The Client is requested to report immediately to the hotel reception any malfunctioning of the equipment. No claims will be accepted at the end of the stay. The Client may not bring third parties into the room without the express permission of the Hotel, which reserves the right to carry out all necessary checks.
- Pets (exclusively dogs/cats) are accepted if they do not exceed a maximum weight of 30 kg and for an additional fee of €30 per night and subject to presentation of an anti-rabies certificate. However, the Client agrees to keep them on a leash in the common areas of the establishment. For reasons of hygiene, animals are not allowed in the restaurant areas (these provisions do not apply to guide dogs or assistance dogs). In order to guarantee the peace of mind of everyone, animals must not be left alone without supervision. Any damage caused by the animal in the room, in the various areas occupied by the Client during the stay and in the common areas, may be billed directly to the Client at a rate of 68 €.
- The Customer agrees and undertakes to use the room and the common areas made available to him/her in a reasonable manner. The Hotel reserves the right to refuse to receive Customers whose behavior is noisy or improper, or whose behavior is contrary to good morals and public order.
The Hotel offers free WIFI access. The Customer agrees not to use its computer resources for the purpose of reproduction, representation, provision or communication to the public of any goods protected by copyright or related rights without the authorization of the holders of these rights or in violation of their rights.
- Any damage caused by the Client or by the occupants of the room or in the various areas occupied by the Client during his or her stay must be reported to the Hotel reception or to the person in charge and may be billed directly to the Client for the cost of repair.
For safety reasons and for the respect of everyone, it is formally forbidden to smoke in the entire hotel. In accordance with the decree n°2006-1386 of November 15, 2006 fixing the conditions of application of the prohibition of smoking in the places assigned to a collective use, to smoke in the Hotel exposes you to an additional invoicing with the minimum of 68€ and the maximum with the expenses of restoration or with legal proceedings. Any untimely activation of the fire alarm for non-compliance with this provision will be charged 68€ for the cost of restoring the fire safety system.
- The Client must comply with the Hotel’s Internal Regulations, which can be consulted on our website at the time of the online reservation and are available at any time upon request. In the event of non-compliance with the aforementioned rules, the Hotel shall be obliged to ask the Customer to leave the Hotel without any compensation and/or without any refund if payment has already been made.
If no payment has yet been made, the Customer must pay the full price of the stay (nights used plus nights reserved but not yet used) before leaving the establishment.
- Rooms must be vacated by 12:00 noon on the day of departure. In the event of late check-out, an additional night will be charged to the Client as a penalty.
It is forbidden to take any object belonging to the Hotel: the Client must inform the Hotel if he/she notices a mistake and return it, otherwise he/she will be charged. If the Customer forgets an object in the room, he or she may ask the Hotel to send the said object at the Customer’s expense and at the Customer’s choice (courier or postal service) and against prior discharge of all responsibility for the proper delivery of the object to the Hotel. Any request for late check-out must be made to the reception desk before the day before departure. A supplement of €20 will be charged per room and per hour until 3:00 pm, subject to availability. After 3pm, the amount of one night will be charged. Early departures cannot be reimbursed under any circumstances. The Client must arrive at the hotel before 6:00 pm or notify the hotel in case of late arrival. If the Client fails to do so, a one-night penalty will be automatically charged to the Client’s credit card indicated at the time of reservation, except in the case of prepayment of the reservation on the Site. Luggage: The Hotel declines all responsibility for luggage or other objects left in public areas not intended for this purpose.
Item 10 : Guarantees
The Hotel is bound by the guarantee of conformity of the Services, under the conditions set forth in Articles L. 212-1 et seq. of the Consumer Code.
Item 11 : Responsibility
- The photographs presented on the Site are not contractual. Although every effort is made to ensure that the photographs, graphic representations and texts reproduced to illustrate the Hotel presented give as accurate an idea as possible of the accommodation services offered, variations may occur, particularly due to changes in furniture or possible renovations. The Client may not claim any damages as a result.
- In accordance with the laws and regulations governing intellectual property rights, the use and/or reproduction of all or part of the elements making up the offers on the Site are strictly prohibited, as is any reproduction of the decor and/or characteristic elements of the Hotel.
In order to respect the privacy and image rights of the Hotel’s other guests, the Customer shall refrain from taking photographs of them on the premises of the Hotel or its outbuildings and/or from publishing photographs taken under such conditions.
- M MADRIGAL COMPANY shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damage caused by a third party, the Customer or the Hotel’s partners.
- Hyperlinks may lead to other websites than the VILLA M Website. The SOCIÉTÉ M MADRIGAL is not responsible for the content of these websites and the services offered. M MADRIGAL COMPANY has implemented measures to protect and secure its information system against malicious acts. However, connecting to the Website and making a reservation implies that the Customer is aware of and accepts the characteristics and limits of the Internet, the lack of protection of certain data against possible misappropriation or piracy, or the risk of contamination by possible viruses circulating on the network. M MADRIGAL LTD shall not be liable for any misuse or incident related to the use of the computer or any medium allowing access to the Internet, for the maintenance or malfunctioning of the website or any other technical connection and for the sending of information to an incorrect address.
- Any reservation or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for a reason attributable to the Customer will result in the cancellation of the order at the Customer’s expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the Customer.
- The Hotel reserves the right not to receive or to expel, without refund, customers whose dress is indecent and negligent, whose dress is intended to conceal the face (Law No. 2010-1192 of October 11, 2010), customers whose behavior is noisy, improper or alcoholic, customers whose behavior is contrary to hygiene, good morals and public order. Proper attire is required in the restaurants and in the public areas of the Hotel.
The Client is courteous and respectful of the Hotel staff. The Customer must refrain from any verbal or physical violence, any racist behavior or comments, and any form of harassment, on pain of exclusion without reimbursement. The Customer’s personal belongings left in the Hotel room, particularly outside the safe or in the public areas of the Hotel, are the sole responsibility of the Customer. The Hotel shall not be held responsible for loss, theft, damage or deterioration of such belongings.
Item 12 : Rates
- The prices for the reservation of the Services are communicated before and at the time of the reservation.
- The prices quoted are per room for the number of persons and the date(s) selected. Unless otherwise stated, Additional Services (e.g. breakfast) are not included in the price. Upon confirmation of the Client’s reservation, the total amount of the Services reservation will be indicated.
The prices include the VAT applicable on the day of the reservation and any change in the VAT rate will be automatically reflected in the prices indicated on the date of the invoice.
- Prices are confirmed to the Customer inclusive of all taxes, in the commercial currency of the Hotel (the Euro). The prices quoted are valid for a specific period only. All reservations are payable in the local currency of the Hotel.
- If a rate requires payment to be made to the Hotel in a currency other than the one confirmed on the reservation, the Client will be responsible for any exchange charges (conversion and bank charges). It should be noted that if the currency confirmed on the reservation is converted into another currency, it is given for information purposes only and is not contractual, particularly in view of possible changes in exchange rates between the date of the reservation and the date of stay at the hotel.
- The tourist tax, and any other tax specific to Paris indicated for each rate, must be paid directly to the hotel, except in the case of online prepayment where this amount may be included.
- Any change or introduction of new legal or regulatory taxes imposed by the competent authorities will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of the invoice. Indeed, the prices may be increased by different taxes depending on the city/country. These taxes will be communicated to the Client at the time of reservation, if they are known to the Hotel at that time. If not, they will be displayed at the reception desk of the Hotel. The Client agrees to pay the various taxes, without any dispute, to the Hotel.
Item 13 : Payment
- The Customer shall provide his/her bank details as a guarantee for the reservation, by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), indicating directly, in the area provided for this purpose (secured entry by SSL encryption), the card number, its date of validity (the bank card must be valid at the time of the stay) and the visual cryptogram. The customer must present the credit card used to guarantee the reservation to the Hotel.
The Hotel may ask the guest to show proof of identity in order to prevent credit card fraud.
- The payment will be debited at the time of booking through the online prepayment system.
- In case of interruption of the stay, the entire agreed price will be collected and no refund will be granted.
- All reservations are nominative and cannot be transferred to a third party, either free of charge or for a fee.
M MADRIGAL COMPANY has chosen XXX (name of the operator) to secure online prepayments by credit card using 3D Secure. The Customer’s payment card is subject to security checks (credit check, card country check, IP address country check) by the designated partner and may be refused for several reasons: stolen or blocked card, ceiling reached, input error etc. In the event of a problem, the Customer must contact his or her bank on the one hand, and the Establishment or any other entity on the other, to confirm the reservation of the Service and the method of payment.
- When making a reservation with the Hotel for an amount of more than 5,000 euros, the Customer will be systematically asked to make payment by bank transfer at least one week before arrival.
Payment by bank transfer may also be requested for smaller amounts or at the express request of the Client.
- In the event of payment at the Hotel, the Hotel may accept other means of payment, but the Customer must present the credit card used to guarantee the reservation or make the prepayment to the Hotel in order to verify the Customer’s identity. The Hotel may also ask the Customer to show proof of identity in order to prevent credit card fraud.
If the Customer has not prepaid his or her stay, the Hotel will ask the Customer, upon arrival, for a security deposit or authorization to debit the credit card to guarantee the stay, corresponding to the total amount of the nights booked plus a fixed amount of 100 euros per night and per room to guarantee the extras. The same guarantee will be required from third party guests. If the Client has prepaid his or her stay, the Facility may ask the Client for a lump sum of 100 euros per night and per room to guarantee the extras.
- In the event of a no-show, i.e. a reservation that has not been cancelled but for which the Customer has not shown up at the Hotel on the reserved day, and provided that the reservation has been guaranteed by credit card, the Hotel will debit the amount of one night reserved as compensation for the damage suffered as a result of the no-show. If more than one night is booked, the cancellation policy for the rate booked will apply.
- At the time of pre-payment, the amount charged at the time of reservation includes: the price of the accommodation, the taxes related to the accommodation, the price of the restaurant if breakfast is chosen, the taxes related to the restaurant and any other additional services selected by the Client, excluding the tourist tax and/or any other tax that may be due due as a result of the Client’s stay in the Hotel.
Item 14 : Personal data
- Your personal data requested in the context of your reservation, i.e. your title, surname, first name, postal address, telephone number with country code, e-mail address, payment card details (number, type of card, name of the holder, expiry date and cryptogram in the event that it is transmitted to us) as well as any data communicated to us or generated by your browsing constitute confidential data.
- They are only accessible to the COMPANY M MADRIGAL and to our subcontractor in charge of the management of our “reservations” pages and are used to process your reservations and stays and; provided that you have accepted by checking the corresponding box, to send you our newsletter, or to answer your requests or communicate commercial offers. They are kept for the duration necessary for the commercial relationship established between the Customer and SOCIÉTÉ M MADRIGAL.
This data may also be communicated to our subcontractor in charge of the payment of the reservations.
- Certain information requested in the forms is mandatory and is marked with an asterisk. If you choose not to provide this information, we will not be able to process your request.
- In accordance with the amended “Informatique et Libertés” law of January 6, 1978, its implementing decree and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (RGPD or GDPR), you have, in particular, a right of access, a right to rectification, a right to erasure (right to be forgotten), a right to object, a right to limitation of processing, and a right to portability. You can also define directives concerning the conservation, deletion and communication of your personal data after your death.
You also have the right to object to the processing of your data for commercial prospecting purposes. To learn more about the processing of your data and all your rights regarding your personal data, please consult our data protection policy: To exercise these rights, please contact the personal data protection officer either by mail, DPO Hôtel MADRIGAL, 32 boulevard Pasteur 75015 Paris, or by email: email@example.com.
- When the processing of your data involves a transfer outside the European Union, these transfers are made in return for appropriate guarantees. Where the sharing of such information involves a transfer to the United States, such transfer is made on the basis of Privacy Shield certification or on the basis of the European Union’s standard contractual clauses.
The Customer consents to such transfer for the purpose of performing its contract.
Item 15 : Agreement of proof
- The entry of the required banking information, as well as the acceptance of the present general conditions and the reservation request, constitutes the acceptance of the contract between the parties, having the same value as a handwritten signature.
- The computerized registers kept in the computer systems of SOCIÉTÉ M MADRIGAL shall be kept under reasonable security conditions and considered as proof of communications, orders and payments between the parties.
Item 16 : Force majeure
M MADRIGAL COMPANY shall not be liable to the Customer in case of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure as defined in Article 1218 of the Civil Code. Likewise, the Customer shall not be liable to M MADRIGAL COMPANY in case of non-performance of its obligations resulting from a force majeure event. Force majeure occurs when an event beyond the control of the debtor, which could not be reasonably foreseen at the time of the conclusion of the contract and the effects of which cannot be avoided by appropriate measures, prevents the debtor from fulfilling his obligation. The Hotel may offer the Customer accommodation in a room of an equivalent or higher standard than that originally booked, for services of the same nature. The Hotel shall bear any additional costs associated with such relocation for services of the same nature. The Customer may also cancel his or her reservation, in which case the Customer will receive an immediate refund.
Item 17 : Applicable law
- These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by French law.
- This applies to both substantive and formal rules.
Item 18 : Integral
- These General Terms and Conditions of Sale, the terms and conditions of sale of the fare booked by the Customer, and the booking confirmation express the entirety of the obligations of the parties.
- No general or specific conditions communicated by the Client may be incorporated into these general conditions.
- The documents forming the contractual commitments between the parties are, in decreasing order of priority, the reservation form or request (including the special conditions of the reserved fare) which has been validated by the Client and these general conditions.
- In the event of any inconsistency between the reservation confirmation and these terms and conditions, the provisions of the reservation confirmation shall be the only ones applicable to the obligation in question.
Item 19 : Mediation
After having referred the matter to the Customer Service and in the absence of a satisfactory response within 60 days, the Customer may refer the matter to the Tourism and Travel Mediator, whose contact details are as follows Tourism and Travel Mediation Postal address for referral: MTV MÉdiation Tourisme et Voyage BP 80303 – 75823 PARIS CEDEX 17 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Information: http://www.mtv.travel